Friday, May 12, 2006

Wish Me Luck!

I have two job interviews Monday - count 'em, two!! I will be a nervous wreck that morning, I'm sure. I don't know too much about each job yet so I will have a ton of questions for them. Now I get to put together my portfolio of writing samples and stuff like that. I don't have a lot of marketing materials, so I'm hoping someone is willing to train me a bit. I mean, hey, I think I'm a catch! ;-) And a quick learner! I just hope my quirky personality blends in somewhere.

On another note, I watch far far far too much television. If you didn't watch 'Invasion' this year, your loss. A lot of shows this year owe a lot to the X-Files, and this one is no different, but it does it nicely. And hey, Eddie Cibrian isn't hard on the eyes, and William Fichtner is freakin' brilliant as the morally conflicted sheriff. Rent it on DVD when it comes out, especially if it isn't in reruns this summer or doesn't get renewed, which would be a pity.

Yes, it's a better show than 'Supernatural' but 'Supernatural' is my very guilty pleasure TV show, so I'm not so worried about its content as long as Jensen Ackles gets to look conflicted and naughty. Of course, now the hot car is toast.....and we have to wait to see if the CW renews the show.

Random TV thought: anybody else watch 'Mythbusters' and laugh maniacally when shit blows up?

Job-hunting tip of the day: It really is who you know that counts. When you put in time in a community, keep a list AT HOME of your contacts and some of your work (but don't get yourself into trouble over 'intellectual property' or anything like that, of course). If I hadn't had the foresight to save some of my stories and a list of contacts from my prior position, I would have been in hot water. And people who heard me on the air or who knew me from working with me have been really helpful in the job search (and so have my fabulous friends!!!! Thanks everybody!) :-)

No comments: