Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Another Gem

I know I've been a bit of a grump lately. There's just so much going on in my head, it's kind of full. I could explain it, but it wouldn't make much sense to you. Or it would sound silly. So...a little bit of joy.

I'm at home watching 'Mary Poppins', which I taped off ABC Family last night only to recall today that I actually have that movie on VHS. Oh well.

How can you not love this movie? The music is fantastic, the animation with live action was before its time and the leads are charismatic. Dick Van Dyke is actually kind of adorkable, and Juie Andrews is exquisitely lovely. Plus it's just fun. I could sing 'Chim Chim Cheree' all day.

Besides, how can you not love a musical that includes a line that goes, "Although we adore men individually, we agree that as a group, they're rather stuuuuuupid" ?? :-D

No comments: