Sunday, December 16, 2007

Halp! Said the snowflake

When I went to bed last night, there was a light covering of snow. When I got up this morning, there's almost a foot drifted on my balcony and several inches on the cars below in the parking lot. I am so glad I am not driving anywhere today. I am still in my pajamas.

I tried to go to my niece's birthday party yesterday; parts of my county were fine, but the further north I went the slipperier the highway was, until I finally bailed about 1/3 of the way into the trip (knowing I would either have to come back that night, and that didn't sound good, or come back the next day, when we were all buried in snow). I can give her her present at Christmas. But I still feel like a bad aunt.

But it was either that or struggle on the highway there and back or miss work Monday. And after I saw a truck rolled over on the other side of hte highway in the drifting snow, I decided to call it a day.

No comments: