Sunday, December 30, 2007

Domestic Bliss

I got a new vacuum for Christmas and just put it together. My brother and his wife had gotten a Bissell as a wedding gift and raved about it so my folks bought me one designed for pet hair. I just put it together and took it for a spin down the hallway, which I just vacuumed not too long ago. ('Not too long ago' in my lexicon is 'within the past three weeks'.)

You would NOT believe the pet hair and people hair this new vacuum sucked up. I know you think it's gross that I would even tell you, but seriously, isn't there something of a fascinating ick factor here? (After all, it is my hair, and the cat's hair, which is all significantly less gross to me than someone else's mess would be.) Anyway, this new vacuum propels itself - I was kind of afraid it might take off on me in a wild spree, a la the brooms in 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice' - and it really almost does make vacuuming fun, as my SIL said it would.

I'm also seriously interested in what else will come up when I get the living room cleaned up and can take the Bissell for a spin there.

Ew. And yet....coooooolll...

No comments: