Sunday, February 25, 2007

More Rambling

So I went back to last week's Prison Break just to watch Michael hit Kim with the car a second time, and watch Linc kick the crap out of him. I really like the show right now; now that Sarah has joined the brothers the stakes seem to have raised, but I will miss Kellerman with them, since he's something of a loose cannon. Now, Sucre and MariCruz should get to escape scot-free, C-Note should get some sort of real justice this time, and T-Bag should just run around being T-Bag. The creepy version.

Two of the coolest names in music today: Lupe Fiasco and Sully Erna.

I have been watching so much Supernatural and talking about it so much on line I have been having dreams with the show in it. Veronica Mars was in one of them - she and Sam knew each other from way back and were good friends. The second involved a bunch of people (say, hundreds) trapped in my parents' church, and there was a black fog around the building that would kill you if you went outside. Sam and Dean were helping me figure out how to fight the fog but eventually they disappeared (but not before I got all cranky with a bunch of teeny boppers who were following Dean around because I didn't want to admit I had a crush on him myself). Then the fog lifted, and a caravan of vehicles (part of some business or group) decided to leave, and I tried to stop them, and the minute they went outside, the fog descended and devoured them, and I knew we had to wait until sunrise to escape. I even tried to use a speaker system in the kitchen area to warn everyone but I couldn't get it to work.

Sarah is now laughing her ass off that I had a dream about church. I hear you, snap!!! ;-)
While you're there, apologize to your father for my dirty mouth. I'm sure he's learned a lot more about me than he intended reading this blog! ("She's looking at half-naked pictures of actors online???")

I've been having a really hard time keeping up with all the Derby preps this year. Most aren't being shown on TV - only the biggies are - so I have to find them online. But you only get that little tiny screen, and one of the things I like to watch is jockey body language - how they move their hands and arms, how they're sitting, what they're doing with their legs and feet - and it's hard to see that on the little picture. Plus it's a lot harder to gauge a horse's stride. And what really tees me off is I can't download the videos for posterity. Argh!!

Spring got up and walked off. It's been sleeting here for the last 36 hours. It woke me up last night, it was so loud on the windowpanes. I played 'bear' today and hibernated. Well, I did laundry, cleaned the bathroom, cleaned the kitchen (mostly), caught up on Derby preps and podcasts, and organized my recycling. And of course caught up on all the TV from last week that I missed. (I love 'Midsomer Murders' on Biography!)

But I'm not watching the Oscars. I'll just get the red carpet report and the winners tomorrow (I almost wrote whiners, and not on purpose). Gives me a break from that project. I can't believe it's almost Monday already. :-(

My question to you is, what is the essential classic rock soundtrack? I mean, if you were burning a CD of the best classic rock of all time, what would you include? The only requirement is it must open with AC/DC's Back In Black. (Long story. Long fangirl story. Somewhere I hear Rap, Hoggle, Sukayro, Skye, Arafel and a host of other SnObs laughing at me.)

Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole!

1 comment:

Sarah Knapp said...

That is funny! And I love picturing you in the kitchen with the speaker system. I can see it now. So great, so great!