Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I Just Wanna Ramble

I don't know what I want to talk about today. So I'm gonna ramble.

What the &^*% is up with Britney Spears? I gotta say I'm so over whatever that girl does now, except I do worry about her kids. When you start making Kevin Federline look responsible, it's time to check into rehab. AND STAY THERE.

I just got done watching Supernatural's "Asylum" from last season, and it totally made me think about all those episodes of Ghost Hunters where they investigate creepy old asylums. Whoever did the set has obviously seen those episodes too.

That project at work is kicking my ass. Now my 'editors' want me to avoid using pronouns in a section that they want written in the third person. In other words, I shouldn't use 'he' or 'she' to be gender neutral, I should use a general term. In the interest of saving my job, I'll say 'the shopper.' Um, how long do you think it's going to be before THAT gets old? "The shopper should be certain to pick a color that is flattering to the shopper, and the shopper should then use the credit card with the least amount of the shopper's debt on it." I'm exaggerating, but you get my point.

I don't get those people who say that Lost isn't as good now as it used to be. I think it's just as good now as it's ever been, except for maybe the initial heady beginning when we were just figuring things out. I'm taping tonight's ep (a fabulous martini left me sleepy) and looking forward to it for tomorrow. I'm a sucker for TV that makes you pay attention and think. Hence, the reason I'm skipping the "How to Become the Next Pussycat Doll" or whatever they're calling it on the CW. That's just sad.

How hilarious was it on Prison Break when Michael hit Kim with the car? I stood up and yelled. Then Linc kicked the crap out of him. I yelled some more. Then Sara locked Kellerman out of the car, and I yelled again. Then I wondered if we'd have to see Kellerman in a suit again because honestly I think he's sexier in jeans. Just a thought.

I have absolutely NO life. I drink with my coworkers once in a while. I gotta find something to get involved with. If I could find a TV watchers society, I would be good.

May 1 is going to be one of the best days of the year. Both Rush and Tori Amos are putting out albums that day. Whatever did I do to please the music gods??? Whatever it was, I'll keep doing it.

Today was one of those days when I was walking outside that I could almost smell spring. That, to me, is that earthy smell you get when the ground is starting to thaw, and when you take a deep breath everything smells fresh and new. I love that smell, and it could never be bottled. Plus the sun was shining. (That made up for a very annoying doctor's visit.) I could take a dozen more days like this. It certainly makes walking to and from my car easier to bear, and maybe I'll take some lunchtime walks outside. Get my Vitamin D or something.

This is the first year I don't think I'm going to watch the Oscars. It's because I just don't care. I haven't been in a movie mood for a while now, and frankly not much out there has been appealing to me. (I do need to see 'Dreamgirls' but that's about it.) I might watch the red carpet to see who wears what but I don't think I'll watch much else of it. That's rare; normally I try to watch the show. But I've finally gotten it through my thick skull that a lot of the movies that are recognized by Oscar really don't resonate with me in any way. (That's not true of EVERY movie, but a lot of them.) It's usually heavy-handed depressing tripe. Somebody usually dies in a heart-wrenching way. I mean, that's what it feels like. I just have no interest in most of the movies nominated for anything. When am I going to run out and rent "Letters from Iwo Jima?" Or "Notes on a Scandal"? Oscar doesn't always know how just to have a good time. I suppose that's what the People's Choice awards are for?

I do love me the dresses though; I can't help that. I have my princess fantasy that someday I'll get to wear a fabulous dress like that and get my picture taken and have people talk about how lovely I looked.

Then I wake up.

1 comment:

Sarah Knapp said...

I agree about the Oscars. Apparently movies I enjoy are not worthy of the little golden dude. Ah well, I figure I can catch up on good tv that night. We're getting the first DVD of House tomorrow so I'll see how that goes.