Sunday, February 18, 2007

Somewhere I Went All Fangirl

So, do you remember the post I put out talking about the enthusiastic Supernatural bloggers on TV Guide.com?

Guess what? I'm now one of them.

I don't know where or when it happened. Probably when I started getting feedback for my comments, or when we started making X-Files references, or when 'smilineyes' sent me a link to a picture of one of the actors naked in bed - carefully covered of course.

I accused her of trying to kill me, and then I went to take a cold shower.

True, I keep my gushing to a minimum, generally. That's not because of the other bloggers; that's my natural reaction to any male a bunch of women are effusive about. I tend to seek out the less sought-after male, assuming, of course, that in real life there would be less competition for him. (I am terribly good at self-analysis.) I don't know why I don't gush much with this crowd - we're all in agreement, we're all between 27-45 (or so I've gathered) - older than the most of the actors, in fact - and of course because we're talking about actors, we have less than the snowball's chance in hell of ever meeting them, much less indulging in our wildest dreams, so a few fantasies are downright harmless. And one of 'em has been on my Meal Plan for quite a while anyway. In fact, I did this very thing with the X-Files. So it's not like I'm not right there with 'em.

In fact, read my posts, and I'm there a lot. Especially while I'm wading through this annoying-as-hell project that is taxing my brain and my patience. (Writing by committee is enough to make you want to hurl your computer monitor at the next person who thinks an introduction to a training video for the public should include an explanation of federal law.)

I'm even considering buying a t-shirt I found online that features the series' extremely sexy car - a 67 black Impala, known to fans as the Metallicar. (The back says "Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole.")

When did I go all fangirl? WHEN, I ASK YOU? We're even reviewing Season 1 on DVD during the spring hiatus that lasts a month, all online. I've never met these people, although at least one is from Michigan.

But I'm having too much fun to quit now.

So why do I feel a little guilty about it? I guess I feel like I should be above such things (I picture the Kasey Kahne ads as I write this)...but I am woman, I have pulse, I like hot men in hot cars playing Rush tunes and other classic rock. So what is there to be 'above'? (You may insert joke here.) Nothing! I guess I should just indulge my little addiction, and not worry that feeling a little like a giddy teenager from time to time is a bad thing. This is normal, I keep telling myself. And harmless. And brightens my day.

(What is normal, though, for a single woman who lives at home with her cat and constantly adjusts a list of the five famous guys she finds hottest at any one moment? Okay, that's not helping my argument.)

Anyway, I'm not putting down any of the other bloggers - not by any stretch. (I was hard on them earlier, and true, I don't always agree with them, but I've rather grown to like them. So I guess I should have just taken a pill.) They're having a good time and they really look at this show closely, so they show me things I missed. (I wish the Lost bloggers did this but they don't.) And it's a good show - mislabeled as a 'teen' show, but it's actually put together really well, it's scary, it talks a lot about family, and it does carry something of an X-Files vibe. And these bloggers often put a big grin on my face, more often than not, in fact.

I guess I just need to acknowledge my fangirl side, enjoy the show, enjoy the other bloggers - they're really nice people online; none of the other shows have bloggers as insightful or friendly (even when, yes, they occasionally get gushy) - and really consider getting that shirt. All of it guilt-free.

But first I have to go back to the Season 1 DVD. CindyRose is reviewing 'Route 666' this week, and as I recall, one of the upcoming episodes features one of the brothers in a towel.

No comments: