Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I'm Blaming This On Sarah

Sarah started this whole TV thing.... really she did!

I've started in on some of my favorite shows. I picked up one new show "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" because I really adore Aaron Sorkin despite never having met him. Love the trademark quick quips, long camera shots, endearing personalities. I'm sticking with this one for a while.

I picked up 'Desperate Housewives' again - it's a show I don't think much about until I get to it on my tape and then I generally laugh out loud. Some of the things Gabrielle says and does leave me in stitches. And I'm waiting for Lynette's smackdown of the love child's mommy - whoever that actress is, she's fabulous. And we get to hear Dougray Scott talk for a while, that's always a bonus. Now, when do we get to find out that Andrew's been hustling???

'Supernatural' starts tomorrow. I'm waiting with bated breath. Meow!!! (That does not mean, people, that I was eating cat food.)

'Prison Break' continues its run of being tense and occasionally ridiculous. All the women on this show are hot for Michael, which is understandable, since he is the strong yet sensitive smart type. But Lincoln is the brawny sexy type and nobody seems to look at him twice. Are these women on crack??? There's a sandwich right there!

Speaking of that, I saw an ad for the movie "The Prestige." Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale. Somebody bring me the mustard, because that's one hell of a sandwich.

Back to TV *ahem*. CSI Miami continues being ludicrous in plot yet beautifully shot, on CSI NY Gary Sinese's character is finally getting some love - in the form of Claire Forlani (yes, she of "Mallrats" fame!); the regular CSI has not answered our questions about Gil and Sarah, but has already hinted at a bit of sparkage between Catherine and Nick - and since she had sparkage last season with Warrick, I'd like this woman to find a decent man - one or the other or somebody else (You may remember the always sexy Nick Lea broke her heart a few seasons back. I taped all those episodes. Yes, I am a loser). On top of that, if something shitty happens to someone on that show, it's always to her. What's up with that?????

'Bones' is hilarious, but I hope you weren't eating during the early parts of tonight's episode. The tension between Bones and Boothe is well done, and she seems to be conscious of it now. And the sparkage between Angela and Hodgins is a little odd but well done between them (didn't think they were each other's type, but that's the fun I suppose). Best line of the night: when Hodgins finds out Zack gets to go out on a case, he says to Cam "Out out?" and she replies without missing a beat "We'll pin our number to his sweater."

Bonus - did anybody notice who was playing the red headed wife? Melinda McGraw, formerly Melissa Scully on the X-Files whose character was shot and killed by Alex Krycek, played by her ex boyfriend, and my permanent meal plan member, Nick Lea. (Yes, shut up!!!)

Cold Case and Without a Trace remain generally reliable and formulaic but in a good way. Veronica Mars starts next week and so does Lost, I believe. I hope they come up with some doozy moments this season, and I hope the fact that I haven't been reading all of those hanso foundation ads in Entertainment Weekly or surfing the web maniacally for clues doesn't mean I'm left out of the loop when the show airs!

2 comments:

Sarah Knapp said...

Go ahead, blame me, I'm fine with it, really, I don't take it personally or anything;-)
TV's my guilty pleasure. It's my generation's film, my generation's literature, and I am perfectly at ease with that. Particularly when it has such fine looking scenery!
Watch on sister!

Michael said...

I still think your ideal job is working as a TV reviewer. I could never watch as much of it as you seem to be able to.