Wednesday, February 06, 2008

One TV Guilty Pleasure

With only a little bit of shame, I admit to occasionally watching "World's Wildest Police Videos." It's not so much that I get a kick out of police chases per se, but that it reminds me what law enforcement officers, firefighters and others have to deal with daily - how they risk their lives repeatedly in the line of duty, sometimes dealing with psychotic crazy drugged-out people who don't care about anybody else but themselves.

I love it when the semi drivers get involved in a police chase, blocking the road. And I don't remotely feel bad when the crazy armed robber, who just threaded through city road traffic, gets his ass pulled from his car and is slammed to the pavement as the cops make sure he's no longer a danger.

And I do admit to a bit of a thrill when the police dogs get involved. Mess with the poochie, get the teeth.

No comments: