Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Lovely Weather

Yesterday was one of those days when you could smell the damp earth finally, the sun melting the last of the ice from the parking lot (and the rooftops, I hear from the facilities manager at work). I walked out to my car at the end of the day actually far too warm in my trench, even with the stiff breeze. I finally feel like spring is here.

Today it's been rainy, but I did get a chance to take my lunchtime walk outside instead of underground. As I left my building I could smell fresh pine from the trees in the courtyard, and a cheeky squirrel or two was busy digging up the nuts from the fall before (I swear one fat one was gloating). I enjoyed the walk even though it was so cloudy, because I could smell the coming rain and the breeze was fresh.

Even when it's gloomy, it's more bearable with warm weather.

No comments: