Friday, December 01, 2006

Today I learned that Kalamazoo has one thing Lansing doesn't.

Salt.

I took a fine header (or would that be 'butter') down some steps outside the office today, because apparently either the city of Lansing or the state of Michigan doesn't think it's a good idea to salt the walks AFTER THERE'S BEEN AN ICE STORM.

I didn't see a damn grain anywhere. And I wasn't skipping merrily down the walk. I was watching every step very very carefully. In fact, I nearly slipped going to and from work several more times today. (And the worst part is it was one of those days where I kept getting everything wrong. This was the icing on the proverbial cake.)

I'm fine, sore but otherwise fine. A nice man stopped to see if I was okay and helped me down the rest of the stairs. Oddly enough, what always happens to me after I've nearly been hurt and someone is nice to me is I want to burst into tears, even though there was nothing wrong with me (which I learned after a brief inventory - it's hard to tell if you're hurt immediately sometimes). Dunno why that is.

But anyway. By the time I got home it was too late to call and yell at anybody because it was after business hours on a Friday. And I should have called my office mates to warn them, but by that time they had already gone home. So come Monday I'm going to have to find out what the hell they were thinking. Or revel in somebody's lawsuit. Because somebody's gettin' an earful.

No comments: