Thursday, January 29, 2009

Flight Conspiring

Why is it, when I'm destined to get into an airplane and fly in less than a month, that everything is about plane crashes??

My great-uncle just sent me an email filled with wild airplane photos. Oh look! One's underwater! One has an engine on fire! One landed on its left side! How cool!

TV shows are going episodes on planes. Bones and Leverage have both done mid-air shockers lately. Leverage's plane landed on a BRIDGE. Surrounded by miles of WATER. Because otherwise it was gonna BLOW UP.

My coworker, who likes to sign your birthday cards from famous people, made sure Sully Sullenberger signed mine. He's the guy who safely landed that plane in the Hudson River. Now, if I am in a plane crash, I want Sully in the cockpit. I just don't want to have to think about that beforehand.

*sigh*

Well, guess I'm boarding anyway. In the meantime, I'll keep the immortal words of comedian Robert Schimmel in mind. "'In the event of a water landing, your seat cushion can be used as a floatation device.' Yeah. It's a bobber. For sharks."

1 comment:

Sarah Knapp said...

Where will said flight take you???