Sunday, June 10, 2007

On A Roll

Ever have one of those weekends where you feel like you got a lot accomplished? I had one of those. I took Friday off to get some stuff done, and by now, Sunday evening, I'm feeling pretty good about the whole experience. Sure, there were things that didn't get done yet, but on the whole, I feel like I accomplished what I sent out to.

I did laundry and dishes, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned both bathrooms, started to clean the guest bedroom, organized my scrapbooking materials (found my paper cutter finally!), went shopping to get cards and gifts, mailed bills, did some writing, shredded old documents from way-back-when, planted flowers, took out all the recycling, cleaned house, caught up on season finales like Lost, had dinner with some friends, watched some racing (Rags to Riches beats the boys in the Belmont!) and slept in.

So pretty much I feel like taking Friday off was a good idea. May was so busy with family stuff that I started feeling a little behind on all those little things you know you need to do - like scrubbing the kitchen sink or washing the cat's litter box. It looks awful but it doesn't really insist on being done right away. Little things like that.

I don't know what my point was in bringing this up, I just thought I'd post that I felt pretty good going into Monday. Of course, I take my car in for repairs tomorrow so I'll be driving a loaner for a while. Oh goody! That could change my mood altogether.

1 comment:

Sarah Knapp said...

I love those kind of weekends, yay for you!
I've been scrapbooking which is fun, and without the pressure of getting class stuff done I feel so much freer!
Monday will be good, I can feel it:-)
And what did you think of Lost?!?!?