Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I Love Aunting...and Other Stuff

So I'm now a non-biological aunt to three lovely girls - first Emily and Lillian Vincent, and the brand-new (and very cute) Rachael Alexandria Bessert. She was born about six weeks early to Chris and Linda Bessert and is being taken care of at St Mary's in Grand Rapids. When you're ready to enter the world, I guess nothing is gonna stop you. Like, eh, due dates, bedroom readiness and preplanned baby showers. This will be a fun story to tell her when she's older. ?Anyway, congrats, Mom and Dad! She's a cutie!

I love aunting. I can shower the girls with gifts (because after all I am a biological aunt to the oh-so-adorable Isabelle - okay, technically a first cousin once removed, but honestly, that's just too freakin hard to say) and hand them back when they're stinky!! This is the way to go, folks. Spoil 'em, hand 'em back. Sleep through the night. (Except when the cat is standing on your chest, but that's another story.) I recommend aunting for everyone! Uncling works too. And I think I just invented two words. Hey, whatever.

Random thoughts:
- Being unemployed really doesn't suck. It's like every day is Saturday. Until you get the credit card bill with the new laptop listed on it.
- Driving and listening to Lewis Black on CD is, in short, a recipe for a car accident. At the very least don't drink anything because you'll shoot beverage out your nose and all over the windshield.
- The movie 'Boondock Saints' contains all sorts of things I don't like. Men who work in a meat-packing plant. Same men who smoke. Same men who are involved in the death of a cat (quick so the cat didn't feel a thing). Murder and blood. And yet, the peacoat, t-shirt and jeans combination has never been hotter. I think it's time for Sean Patrick Flannery to go back on the Meal Plan in whatever vacancy I have. (I thought he was hot back in his "Young Indy" days. I think he's aging well. Very well. Even when chained to a toilet in a dirty bathrobe. I SO need dates.) Yeah, yeah, yeah, I understand the gun as a phallic symbol. And I think that's why men with guns can be very hot. Irish men with guns too. (Lisa, you're in, right? If only they were cowboys to boot...) I'm stopping here. For your sake.
- Local congressman Fred Upton made the Daily Show the other day for making Pong noises during discussions on video games and safety. Way to go, Freddie! Beep, boop, bip to you too!

I have no tip of the day. It's obvious I've just lost my mind. I'll let you know when I get it back.

No comments: