Sunday, September 02, 2018

I'm Not Dead, Really

I got to wondering the other day if I could find this blog again, and here it is. I haven't written anything in eight years, but I think it's because I've never been good at journaling (despite being a writer at heart) and thus writing something every day. Also I'm afraid it becomes an outlet for just complaining, although I think it would do me good to get some of that stuff off my chest from time to time. Got to find that balance.

I have gotten out of the creative mode in the last few years, unfortunately. I only scrapbook with other people, I don't write much, and I haven't done other crafts lately either. (When was the last time I picked up a cross stitch project??) I find it too easy to play computer games and surf Facebook. However, I'm beginning to realize I'm a person who needs a project and I need to be sure I'm feeding that creative side of me. I just get too caught up in day-to-day life - are the dishes done? The DVR is full. I have trash to pick up. The cat's litter box needs changing. Do I have any clean underwear? (This has never actually happened to me because I have a lot of clothes, but I do a lot of laundry.) I need to start using things like Pinterest to spur creativity and by that I mean the actual creation, not just the planning (which I also enjoy and which sometimes is fulfilling on its own, then I have a bunch of stuff sitting around the house that I never use.) So I should try to use this blog as a creative spur as well. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: