Thursday, October 09, 2008

I Just Don't Get It - What Women See In...

John Mayer - Some of his music is pretty good. I have "Bigger Than My Body" and "Why Georgia" on my iPod. He's a pretty good guitar player. And you could say he's not unattractive, even though he doesn't do much for me. But why do celebrity women just flock to this guy? (They did it to dreadlocked Adam Duritz of Counting Crows once upon a time too. I didn't get that either.) He's a serial dater. Are they really expecting anything more than to be serially dated??

Adam Levine - I have nothing against Maroon 5 either. I love several of their songs. But what's the big deal with this guy? Again, not unattractive, but he seems in his videos to have the personality of a stick. Watch "If I Never See Your Face Again" with Rihanna. She fairly smokes off the screen. She's sassy and sexy (and I'm straight and I say this). He looks like he'd rather be home washing his socks.

Zac Efron - This is merely a product of my age. He's cute, with those big dimples and that sweet smile. I want to pat him on the head and tell him, no, he can't have the car keys and he's too young to shave.

Hugh Hefner - One of his girlfriends broke up with him because (so the story goes anyway) they would never get married and have kids. Um, sweetie? Whatever makes you think this guy is going to marry??? He's Hugh Hefner. Come on! Now I'm sure there's a LOT more to the story than what we're getting in the media, and I know they're getting a lot of exposure being one of his girlfriends, but expecting the smoking-jacket-wearing founder of Playboy is going to marry you and settle down is, to say the least, delusional.
Plus he's old and creepy.

Who am I missing?

No comments: