Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Battlestar Bandwagon

I did it, yes I did. I got on the Battlestar Galactica bandwagon. A buddy loaned me Seasons one and two, and I just finished one. Damn, it's a good show. Heavy, you can't watch more than an episode or two in one sitting, really, not like some of those shows where you can watch hours and hours because you don't need to absorb that much.

It deals with death, and life, and emotion, and war, and loyalty, and really kick ass fighting, and solid strong characters. We only know four or five Cylon models, and there are 12. And I think what they really want is to FEEL like we do, and that's the one thing they lack - the gradients of emotion that humans have. It's much more serious than its predecessor, and the special effects are pretty good on top of everything else.

One of my friends liked the old show and says she just can't get into the groove of this one, now that Starbuck is a woman. I gotta tell you, Starbuck is a ballbuster of the most fun kind - she smokes cigars, she picks fights, and we just learned she really wants to shag Apollo. Of course, if you've seen him, you would too. I'd sign up for that.

There's an episode where Starbuck ends up with a Cylon Raider fighting ship, and she's really playing against no one but she does a great job. It's fun. Apollo is a little more wooden at times; I think it's because the actor is British doing a darn good American accent. But the rest of the cast is really good, and besides, you gotta love a President named Laura.

No comments: