Monday, July 10, 2006

Random Thoughts

New Road Rules: Gravel trucks should be banned from expressways. A couple of weeks ago on my way to Lansing, I heard a 'ping' of a rock hitting my windshield but didn't see a mark. I didn't see the gravel truck (it was around a curve) so I figured it was random. Nope. A few minutes later another 'thwack' and there was a star in my windshield. I was pretty pissed, especially because it was a Saturday and I couldn't get it fixed right away, but Mike and Jenn's friend Jeff took a look at it (thanks Jeff!) and said it should be okay for a few days. I got it sealed up the following Tuesday and all was well. However, a week or two later I was washing my windshield to put Rain-X on it, and I found a small ding toward the top of the windshield that must have been from the first rock. So in the space of five minutes, from a gravel truck on I-69, I got TWO dings in my windshield. Argh!!!! Ban that, lawmakers, and forget the gay marriage freakout!

I finally heard Isabelle call me LaLa (I love it! Especially when I realized today that there is a line in a Verve Pipe song, which I believe references another song, that says "LaLa means I love you.") She only does it when she can't actually see me which is really funny (she's a little shy). I helped teach her where her belly button is! She's so much fun! And getting more fun the older she gets. I now know why parents put their kids on harnesses. I tried chasing her through Kohl's in high heels - I could barely keep up with her! She's a year and a half and apparently part Andretti. However, she hasn't developed her shopping gene yet. That will come when she's a teenager. And it WILL come. To this family, shopping is a sport, and it's in the blood. Lisa finally developed her gene. It took some time, but it's there.

What is it with people throwing trash out their car windows? I saw that twice this weekend. People, the ashtray is built into your car so you can put your cigarette butt in it. And carry a plastic Meijer baggie in your car, for heaven's sake AND THROW YOUR TRASH IN THAT. Not out your window. Where exactly do you think that goes? I'm going to drive by YOUR house and throw my crap on YOUR lawn. After all, it's because of people like you that kind volunteers risk their lives to clean up the highways in Michigan, wearing ugly orange vests and usually sweating profusely. And I love the cigarette butt thing. WE'RE DRIVING VEHICLES FULL OF GASOLINE, WHICH IS FLAMMABLE! Did it ever occur to you that throwing an article that is, essentially, ON FIRE, toward a car full of gas, is a bad idea?

Congrats to Angie on her new house! (Almost all set and ready to go, that is, since the home inspection is this week.) Yay!!!!! I know she's excited to start decorating. That girl should open her own interior decorating shop someday. (That, and start her own video production company. Ask her how she'd design a video for a new song, and she comes up with some great ideas, many of which are miles better than what the band actually came up with. If only the Pipe had hired HER, they'd be more successful, I think.)

Hopefully Rachael will get to come home from the hospital soon. She's still there but doing pretty well, Chris and Linda tell me. And she's darn cute! And she has a lot of hair! I can't wait to meet her.

Horse racing tip of the day: It's not really a tip, but I finally got around to watching the Stephen Foster Handicap from a few weeks ago, and I have to say PERFECT DRIFT IS WONDERFUL! I love that little horse. I hope he gets a really good retirement. AFTER he wins the Breeders Cup Classic this fall, that is.

No comments: